Forgot your Password?

Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Search
Select Skin: 
 All Forums
 WindSurf
 All over the world
 Tarifa
Rating is not allowed for this topic.
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic | Bookmark this Topic Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: New Internal Policy for italian member Topic Next Topic: spots in the south of Italy  

Monty
Starting Member

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  10:02:49  Show Profile  Visit Monty's Homepage  Add Monty to Buddylist  Reply with Quote
Ciao a tutti!
Many thanks for your invitation to join this forum!
Should any Italian windsurfers be making the journey to Tarifa my wife Roby (Foligno) and I can help with finding places to stay and advice about the windsurfing conditions here.
Tante aguri!
Buon 2006!
Monty

Country: Spain  ~  Posts: 3  ~  Member Since: 12/31/2005  ~  Last Visit: 01/10/2006 Alert Moderator 

etantonio
Administrator

Member Rated:

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  16:49:40  Show Profile  Add etantonio to Buddylist  Reply with Quote
Ciao Monty,
you are welcome between us, yes we are really interested to have some news from Tarifa,
you live there ?? We are a group of friends from Roma and we are interested to go to Tarifa next August to practice windsurf and other
The first question I've for you regards safe places where to practice windsurf, in fact we expect in August winds of about 35 knots ( ... it is true ?? )
and for some of us ( .. me included) may be too much, there are places in Tarifa where such winds may create no problems to medium windsurfer ??
Ciao

Etantonio

CapoStecca 2008 & 2010 & Mutanda 2014

Country: Italy  ~  Posts: 8976  ~  Member Since: 10/21/2005  ~  Last Visit: 03/28/2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Monty
Starting Member

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  08:33:43  Show Profile  Visit Monty's Homepage  Add Monty to Buddylist  Reply with Quote
Etantonio,
I have lived in Tarifa for 12 years, beofre I was on the Garda Lake. Back in 1984 I lived in Rome for some months!
Tarifa is an easy place to windsurf. Sometimes we have very strong winds; the Levante. This wind is from the east, side-offshore, so the shorebreak is very small, there are no real waves- instead a short, stiff chop.
If the Levante is too strong in Tarifa one can drive west and find less wind- 40 minutes west is Caños de Meca, where there is a reef of sorts that can make some waves. There is also Valdegrana on the Bahia de Cadiz... if Tarifa has winds for 3.5m2, Caños has winds for 4.2 and Valdegrana has winds for 4.7...
The Levante is the summer wind- hot and dry.
The cool Poniente winds blow from the west and bring sweet relief from the hot Levante. Poniente in the summer is alot like the Ora on Lake Garda- sail sizes from 5.5 to 7.0. The Poniente does not normally bring waves in summer, but in the winter months the Poniente can bring real waves to Tarifa, although this is rare.
August brings many people to Tarifa- PACKED! The night life is full-on! We are lucky to have huge beaches, even in August there is still space to park and get onto the water.
Muchos saludos desde Andalucia,
Monty

Ciao Monty,
you are welcome between us, yes we are really interested to have some news from Tarifa,
you live there ?? We are a group of friends from Roma and we are interested to go to Tarifa next August to practice windsurf and other
The first question I've for you regards safe places where to practice windsurf, in fact we expect in August winds of about 35 knots ( ... it is true ?? )
and for some of us ( .. me included) may be too much, there are places in Tarifa where such winds may create no problems to medium windsurfer ??
Ciao

Etantonio

Originally posted by etantonio - 01/01/2006 :  16:49:40

Country: Spain  ~  Posts: 3  ~  Member Since: 12/31/2005  ~  Last Visit: 01/10/2006 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

SerFer
Advanced Member

Member Rated:

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  10:38:27  Show Profile  Add SerFer to Buddylist  Reply with Quote
Hi Monty,

thank you for the information you are providing us.
I was thinking to "settle" basically at the Valdevaqueros spot that seems to be an allround, quite secure spot, isn't it? There is the possibility to rent at the Windsurf or Fanatic Centers and there should be some services (bars, restaurants, music and so on..) at the beach.
Do you know if the Mistral or Fanatic rent could allow us to transport the windsurf equipment to reach less windy spots in the levante days? (I suppose not, but ....

Do you suggest to rent an apartment in the Tarifa Town or near the spot (Valdevaqueros)? It seems it should be better near the spot due to the parking problems at Valdevaqueros at late morning, isn't it?

I'll let you take a breath before the next sequence of questions

Thank you for your answers

Face your fears.
Live your dreams.

Sarebbe ora di fare un bel po' di sano windsurf!

Panettone Oro 2010

Country: Spain  ~  Posts: 3421  ~  Member Since: 11/12/2005  ~  Last Visit: 09/21/2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Monty
Starting Member

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  09:25:43  Show Profile  Visit Monty's Homepage  Add Monty to Buddylist  Reply with Quote
Hi SerFer,

Valdevaqueros is a very good location from which to windsurf in Tarifa. It is Casa de Porro which normally has both good Levante and excellent Poniente- there is often a thermal that brings wind only to the corner at casa de Porro.
Valdevaqueros is a North/Mistral center. The Spin-Out with Gaastra/Fanatic gear is only 500m away.
I think if you rent you can take the gear away as you wish.
Valdevaqueros and Spin-Out both have bars/restaurants by day but for music at night it is best to go into Tarifa.

Parking in Aug at Valdevaqueros is a problem unless you arrive early.
The field in Casa de Porro is large enough so that you can always park-even in Aug. and the bars/rentals are just a short walk.
Living in Tarifa can be your best option if you are into night-life, however parking can be a problem.
I have 3 rental apts in old-town Tarifa:
http://tarifa.costasur.com/sites/roc102/en/index.html
http://tarifa.costasur.com/sites/apartamento-rustico/en/index.html
http://tarifa.costasur.com/sites/roc101/en/index.html
should you be interested. This agency also has many other rental locations available.

Many regards, Monty

Country: Spain  ~  Posts: 3  ~  Member Since: 12/31/2005  ~  Last Visit: 01/10/2006 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

SerFer
Advanced Member

Member Rated:

Posted - 01/17/2006 :  09:58:34  Show Profile  Add SerFer to Buddylist  Reply with Quote
I sent you a PM.

Face your fears.
Live your dreams.

Sarebbe ora di fare un bel po' di sano windsurf!

Panettone Oro 2010

Country: Spain  ~  Posts: 3421  ~  Member Since: 11/12/2005  ~  Last Visit: 09/21/2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: New Internal Policy for italian member Topic Next Topic: spots in the south of Italy  
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic | Bookmark this Topic Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000